Your privacy is important to us. It is Skela, LLC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://skela.com, and other sites we own and operate.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Log dataWhen you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
Device dataWe may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
Personal informationWe may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Social media profiles
- Date of birth
- Phone/mobile number
- Home/Mailing address
- Payment information
Business dataBusiness data refers to data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on our platform. This may include transaction records, stored files, user profiles, analytics data, and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as users interact with our services.
2. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSINGWe will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
3. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATIONWe may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to provide you with our platform’s core features;
- to process any transactional or ongoing payments;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIESWe may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web hosting, and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONThe personal information we collect is stored and processed in the United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties. We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means. Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
RestrictYou may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portabilityYou may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or another easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
CorrectionIf you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date. Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
ComplaintsIf you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
UnsubscribeTo unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
8. BUSINESS TRANSFERSIf we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. LIMITS OF OUR POLICYOur website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Ready to talk?
Sounds great. Let’s get together for an initial meeting to better understand your needs and establish how we can help.